Updated Every Friday

Friday, October 26, 2007

Alas


1/60" at f13. ISO 100 with a strobe
October 23rd, 2007

I love getting into the Halloween spirit. So my choice this week is fitting for the season. The skull is a decoration I grabbed off the mantle on the way out the door. Add in some low lighting and a rose I claimed from someone else's shoot and I got a nice ominous picture.

I tried this shot from all different angles and found that side lighting created a moody kind of gothic look. The positioning of the rose and skull was Cristina's idea. She has informed me that from now on she should be my art director. I promptly agreed since she has a much better sensibility for organizing a scene then I do.

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

I like the way this one turned out.. I thought I remembered the flower was yellow.... I too think Christina makes a great art director!! Great Shot Justin!!