Updated Every Friday

Friday, October 19, 2007

Elizabeth


1/250" at f10. ISO 100 with a strobe
October 16th, 2007


I didn't expect to be doing another studio shoot quite this soon. But I also didn't expect to get a shot like this. Kind of funny since I went in prepared with a shot list and a couple lighting setups in mind.

The general positioning was one I'd seen in a book recently, but I wanted to make it my own. I positioned an overhead strobe to give a soft spotlight and asked Elizabeth to wear her favorite brimmed beanie to add a sense of 'her' into the photo. The size and shape of the hat changed her profile really nicely.

The results were exactly what I hoped for. Its like she's looking up into a light from the heavens. I also think the hint of nudity gives it an element of purity and freedom. And yes, it is just suggested nudity, that's my sister-in-law up there so keep it clean.

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

Great Shot, I learned a lot that day! Glad you had lots of questions on lighting! She was a great model too!