Updated Every Friday

Friday, April 11, 2008

Dale Chihuly



I know what this looks like, but it isn't. You aren't looking some horrible tentacled creature from the deeps here to devour us all. Or maybe thats a little too melodramatic to assume? This is actually a Dale Chihuly glass chandelier from Sacramento's EPA building. Dale Chihuly is a world famous glass blower. He's well known for his sculptures which, in my opinion, are not particularly attractive. I guess I don't get it. Still, it might not be attractive, but it is interesting.

To get this I ended up laying on my back with my camera in the elevator lobby of a government building. Thankfully the building closed about three hours before hand, so I didn't get a lot of strange looks. I like the way the light shines through the tendrils while leaving the center dark. I think its reminiscent of the Egg from aliens or some lovecraftian creation. Like I said, interesting.

No comments: