Updated Every Friday

Friday, January 25, 2008

Character


1/60" at f5.6. ISO 1600
October 28th, 2007

I haven't had much of a chance to get out and shoot in the past couple weeks, a trip to the Sacramento railroad museum and thats about it. So, this is a shot from my grandmother's birthday. My grandparents have been married for more than 50 years, and they're still totally in love with each other.

I think sometimes the hands give a real clue as to a persons life. Soft and smooth, weathered and callused, scarred or twisted, they tell you a whole lot about how a person lived. My grandfathers hands are strong and well worn. They belong to a man who has lived a long and interesting life. He's worn his ring for so long that its fitted perfectly to his fingers, just like his marriage, a perfect fit.

No comments: