Updated Every Friday

Friday, December 7, 2007

The Bay Bridge


1/400' at f4. ISO 100
November 18th, 2006

I was out of town last week, so this week its double posting. The above picture was taken from Coit Tower in San Francisco. The golden gate bridge is one of the most iconic views of the city, most people see it and instantly know its San Francisco. Growing up, I always liked the Bay Bridge better. I drove over it every week or two with my family going into the city, so its always been the first thing I think of when I picture San Francisco.

When you live in a famous place, you probably take the touristy famous things for granted. I didn't go to fisherman's wharf or ride a cable car till years after I'd moved away. Instead I identify with all the little details in this photograph. The sailboats on the water, the style of the buildings, even the type of tree in the foreground. All the small things that make up a city.

No comments: