Updated Every Friday

Friday, November 9, 2007

Freckles


1/60" at f8. ISO 100
July 29th, 2007

Meet my neighbor's daughter on a trip to the park feeding the ducks. I'm not a huge fan of freckles. I'm a red head, so I was doubly glad to escape having them. But in Katy's case I make an exception. They give her face a lot of character. With that in mind I wanted to really emphasize her freckles, so I toned down the color and increased the contrast in this photo. I think the end result is quite striking.

This past week I endured (alright, I asked for) a critique of my portfolio from my photography instructor. I respect his opinion, though I was prepared for the worst because he can get pretty intense about photography. He gave very good feedback, and he didn't hold back on the criticism. So as a result, I'm trying to apply some of his suggestions and be more critical of my work.

That being said, if you have any thoughts about any photos posted, feel free to share! Criticism is welcome just as much as adoring praise. Of course, I only give cookies to the people with adoring praise.

No comments: